Friday, July 20, 2007

Two Suitcases for Kalam 20 For Me


Friday, July 20, 2007
Kalam is a bachelor and a simple man. So his belongings are just 2 suitcases. Probably they are his clothes. But my belongings are more. So many years of family life.4 boxes are full of kitchen items and cutlery. Most of the steel utensils exchanged for old clothes. 2 boxes belong to my kids childhood toys, favourite clothes and other knickknacks which make me nostalgic. 2 boxes full of gifts received on various celebrabrations. 3 boxes for files. 2 boxes for books. 2 boxes for old clothes in good condition. 2 boxes for winter clothing and bedsheets. 1 box for unsued electric items. 1 box for photo albums which is my most prized possession. 1 box empty. That empty box reminds me that my life is not full yet. Marriage and kids give us a lot of full boxes. I envy Kalam. I also pity him because he missed certain things in life.
3:15:47 PM
Posted By urvashi mohan Comments (2) Musings
Comments
Ramachandra Friday, July 20, 2007 6:26:15 PM
Dear it is nature's balance that working for and against you. you loose something and you gain something. The net result is he is also happy and you should also be happy. Nothing to be envy about. Concentrate on filling the empty box.
K.Venugopal Friday, July 20, 2007 7:20:51 PM
However many boxes of material things we have, they will not bring us lasting peace, which is what all humans ultimately want. The less material possessions we have, the greater the chance of not being 'boxed in'. Therefore beware of those boxes - both full and empty.

No comments: