Tuesday, February 13, 2007

To Muneer and friends - some good memories


Wednesday, February 14, 2007
To Muneer & friends ---- Some good memories
Some good memories

I am a native of the southern temple city of madurai. We live in a agraharm, which is a lane with a shiva temple at one end and a Vishnu temple at the other. Our neighbors across the street are muslims who are in business of cloth trading for 2 generations.

They are very cultured and prosperous. A few years ago, the eldest member of their family, Mr Basheer left for his first Haj pilgrimage. Before leaving he invited all neighbors including us a lunch.

It was a pure 100 % vegetarian affair. It was a very sumptuous and heavy meal. He was very sensitive to the fact that we were Brahmins. We reciprocated his invitation by accepting his lunch and wishing him happy journey.

This is true unity


I would also like to mention another incident that took place after our family shifted to coimbatore.

Hindu volunteers had organized a ganapathi utsav for vinayaka chathurthi in our area. Many cultural programmes were organized. School children sang bhajans, they danced and some games were also organized.

One of the performers on that occasion was a Muslim woman by name Fatima. She played the piano for lord ganesh. We all enjoyed, had a good time and went back with pleasant memories.


A few years ago, I attended a Sanskrit camp in tiruchirapalli. The camp was meant to train students to become good teachers. One of the participants was a Muslim ayurvedic practicioner by name sheikh fareed. I remember hearing him speak flawless Sanskrit.

I also remember him always having a copy of the bhagavat gita in his hand. Whenever he got free time, he used to chant and memorize the verses.

Some journalists from the all india radio came to the camp and specially interviewed him expecting that he would feel like a stranger amidst non belivers.

Fareed was surprised by the preconceived notion of the people. He replied that he felt perfectly at ease and at home. I have also remembered him saying that the gita is not a sole property of a religion and that its treasure should be made available to entire humanity. I totally agree with him


This is the paradox of life. In 1998 advani visited coimbatore for his election campaign. There was an attempt by a suicide bomber to kill advani. But later the plot was changed to cause huge casuality in the meeting maidan.

The first blast let to the smashing of the bodies of 50 people including women, children and me. Then bombs were triggered on the entire route from the grounds to the government hospital. The total dead stood at 110. The city stood shocked. Just a previous week ago muslims from the AL uma outfit has murdered traffic constable selvaraj.

The blast led to a permanent isolation of muslims in coimbatore. People stopped renting out homes to them. People stopped buying from them. People started boycotting them. The economic prosperity of coimbatore took a hit and the religious divide deepened.

As one who suffered during that time, my anger is not against muslims but the bastard politicians who feed terrorists with mutton biriyani and provide them with cell phones inside the jail.

My anger is against those politicians who will lick the iftar porridge to buy votes but will keep pampering muslims and antagonizing hindus to serve their political ends.

My anger is also against those politicians who blame the entire community for the acts of a few dogs. My anger is also against those politicians who are rabidly anti hindu
12:21:56 AM
Posted By jumbo jumbo Comments (12) Musings
Comments
muneerudeen Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:10:39 AM
JJI am shocked and numb in disbeleif ! But why condemn only Politicians- even rabid hindus who critisize OUR prophet should be cast out. Like I said Venu & Infidel will drive me to take revenge and what did they gain by bashing Islam or our prophet.Only hate and curses of the Muslims.You know better.
muneerudeen Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:30:34 AM
JJI am shocked and numb in disbeleif ! But why condemn only Politicians- even rabid hindus who critisize OUR prophet should be cast out. Like I said Venu & Infidel will drive me to take revenge and what did they gain by bashing Islam or our prophet.Only hate and curses of the Muslims.You know better.
jj Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:40:00 AM
if there are fanatics in hindu society then i will have no problem in condemning them also.i hate thackeray and praveen togadia for their rabid anti muslim remarks.but you should appreciate that sometimes hindus also tend to get provoked when their religion is described as being inferior. i am a neutral person and i disown anyone who harms national integration be it a hindu or a muslim or a sikh
jj Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:48:54 AM
zakir naik told that "muslims take a strong objection to describing vishnu as having four hands". hindu religion is full of symbolisms. please read the publication of ramakrishna math on hindu symolisms. who in the first place gave muslims right to object. i havent found out any of my muslim friends to be so. it is only useless people like Zakir Naik who raise objections.when these objections are raised hindus also dig into the life of prophet and pick out things. hinduism is a tradition. just as it is a tradition for people to stand up for national anthem it is a hindu tradition to worship the sme god in many forms
muneerudeen Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:44:21 AM
JJHere on NDTV blogs we are not talking about what Zakir naik said. Its what Venu said and retracted.What you said and what I said. As for the bast@@rd Infidel making ALL those comments about OUR prophet of 1.5 billion Muslims You need only 1 muslims curse to ruin Infidels sleep forever.I have already done it Now we will just wait for the results.
Infidel Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:10:23 AM
Ok muneer so what is the time limit for your curse to work?Will it harm me in 1 week or you need more? I am sure that nothing bad is going to happen to me from your curse, will then you believe that islam and muhammad are actually fake. And your allah didn't hear you crying means I am not wrong and he does not want to punish me. Set a time period for you curse to work.You are actually imitating your pedo prophet, he was helpless like you in earlier days in mecca and could only curse. Like he revealed (not allah) sura 111 to curse his uncle Lahab, but what happened, nothing to Lahab, he lived 10 more years without any curse affecting him.You are doing the same thing; WAKE UP MUNEER; WAKE UPNothing is going to happen to me by your curse, open your eyes and see the falsehood of your prophet.I invite you and ajmal to the humanity. Leave this cult and join the humanity, where you are not indoctrinated to follow such false prophets and rituals.PS: I know more abuses are on the way from you, but I will still try to show you the real truth, not the so called islamic truth.
Infidel Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:11:08 AM
Sorry JJ, I had to comment, as muneer is abusing me openly now.
jj Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:23:52 AM
infidel. you are inviting unnecessary abuse from muneer. why don't both of you sign a no war pact. by doing so you are unnecessarily spreading negative vibrations. this is unnecessary and irrelevant today.muneer. i hope i have made my position clear. i respect your prophet. i have ceased to criticize. that will not make me any different from bal thackeray.
muneerudeen Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:25:20 AM
JJWhat are you trying to say. You and Venu know what i am talking about BUT that Bachcha Infidel knows nothing ! He is the worst kind of a Human being which even changed me to use such extreme step.People who know me know what type of person I am BUT this infidel has gone too far.Let the Bast@@rd fry in HELL for abusing OUR Prophet!
jj Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:27:28 AM
a correction --- criticizing other religions will not make me any different from thackeray was my intended comment.people become intolerant when they grow up in a exclusive society. when people grow up amidst a multicultural environment all their apprehensions will vanish. they will come to understand that everyone is a human being first.
Infidel Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:41:33 AM
JJ, I know that hence i wrote already in my comments.My blog was to reveal the true face of muneer in front of everybody as he impersonated me and abused me and my family by hiding behind pseudo names. Now we all know that what he is and why he is here? His mask of moderate muslims is snatched now? Please see his comments on my blog about Muhammad and ayesha.You will be shocked.These people need time to time dose of Anti-indoctrination.
K.Venugopal Wednesday, February 14, 2007 7:27:53 AM
Dear Muneerka, You are turning the discussion on our understanding of Islam and Hinduism into an accusation that I insulted your Prophet. If questioning is an insult, then it is proof that Islam literally means submission - submission to a cult of intolerance. You can bet your prophet and Allah that I shall not submit to any terrorist threats from you or anyone. Freedom of expression is the sine-qua-non of individual rights in a democratic and secular society. This right is my birthright as a Hindu. All your 7th century notions of rights will not quell it.

No comments: