Monday, June 11, 2007

Reservation of seats in educational institutions as per caste


Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Reservation of seats in educational institutions as per the caste
I got a sms today regarding the reservation quota and I thought of sharing that with you people. I believe that is the current trend in where we people are living. It has 4 points regarding future examination pattern of India ..
1. All the questions will be answered by FC students. 2) OBC students will write only the questions 3) ST students will put only the question numbers 4) SC students have to just read the question paper.
I really don't understand what are we trying to prove? Free education or compulsory education??? What are we trying for???
From my point of view, Government should help the poor students to get them educated but not by giving quotas. There are lot of students (including middle class society) loosing their hopes, interests and chances because of the quota system. Why is the exam pass scores are also different for different castes? Govt. is not helping us and by this way they are deteriorating future India.
I will give you a simple example. Students to become good doctors, engineers, they need talent, effort and hardwork. With the govt. reservation quotas, they are paving way for different communities for getting their certificates without putting any effort, without any talent and without any hard work. At last, it makes the life of other people more miserable and worse.
Let me conclude this..Don't think that I am from a FC community and trying to burst out my frustrations... I am from an OBC community and I have written here what I think the truth is...
3:31:33 AM
Posted By Hriti Krishna Comments (1) Politics
Comments
K.Venugopal Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:09:13 AM
The policy of reservations came on board the constitution as well intentioned. However, today the position of reservations has become exactly like what became of the caste-system itself. Vested interests in both cases (reservations as well as caste system) ensured that both policies became fossiled. Just as the best of Hindus have been against the caste system after a point of time in history, it is high time that the reservation policy also be junked, whatever the good intentions were of the original framers of the policy, as reservations have become a hive of vested interests.

No comments: