Thursday, December 14, 2006

Am I most cunning?


Thursday, December 14, 2006
Don't you agree folks, that I am most cunning?
When I was four years old,
I broke a flower vase at home;
Afraid of punishment by dad,
I lied that I knew nothing of it.

When I was seven years old,
I stole money from dad’s purse;
When my mom started questioning,
I swore that I knew nothing of it.

When I was at school and college,
I failed to do well at studies;
When dad enquired and counseled,
I blamed the teachers and syllabus.

When I somehow got a job,
My work was always shabby;
Whenever my boss lost his poise,
I knew to pass the buck on to others.

Years rolled and I became a family man,
I couldn’t meet all needs of my kith and kin,
With my inadequate income;
So I blamed God for not giving me enough.

I envied those around me, who succeeded,
I cursed those around me, who troubled,
I ridiculed those around me, who suffered,
I hated those around me, who preached.

My long life has thus gone by,
At this age it looks silly to play blame game;
But how can I own responsibility now,
After years of cozy escapism?

I realize I am my destiny,
My actions are what I am,
My thoughts are seeds of action,
So, folks, my thoughts are not mine!

God is every where; He is each of us;
So my thoughts are truly His;
He is the one responsible for all my sins!
Don’t you agree folks, that I am most cunning?

4:34:23 PM
Posted By S. Chakradhaari Comments (2) Musings
Comments
rekha Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:06:05 PM
What do you want to convey dude?

K.Venugopal Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:45:13 PM

Before the Long Slumber
Wake up
There never was a problem
Never will there be a problem.

You and He are one
No lie, no blame, no hate
Only the Great Awakening
Before the Long Slumber.


jj Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:50:23 PM
one cant hold god responsible for his sins. at the most you can surrender at his feet to seek atonement for sinsthere is a free will. to do or not to do is the question. but the tragedy is that all of us think we are caught when our very nature is freedom
SChakradhaari Friday, December 15, 2006 11:49:33 AM
Thanks jj for your apt response.But when will people like Mr. K. Venugopal come out of the fallacious and self deceptive cocoon of advaita that they wish to believe, wish to hold on to, even though they themselves know it is not tenable?
K.Venugopal Friday, December 15, 2006 7:00:16 PM
Dear S. Chakradhaari, If Advaita is just a believe, it would mean nothing. It is an understanding that we wake up to. Upon awakening we would have no need to hold on to anything, for nothing is separate from us.Your poems are thoughtful.


No comments: