Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blogging


Sunday, December 3, 2006
Blogging!!
. It is by some happy chance that I looked up a section in the NDTV website and came to know what it means to be blogging. This word, which has been coined recently, rankled in my mind and prodded me to ask my friend, Don Newton, to tell me what this really means. He did say something. He said that bloggers are certain groups of people who have the time and propensity to dwell on certain topics and write a lot and express their opinion on issues that interest them. Today when a lady writer explained that this term is a hybrid of the two words web and log, it made greater sense. I am glad to have chosen myself to be a part of a larger commune where I can place my thoughts, frustrations, ideas and things that have been pent up in my chest for long. Some ideas germinate and take roots. Some are like passing clouds. They come and go before they take a form. I hope that I shall now be able to put forth my views and open the window for fresh air of thoughts from others who are imaginative. Whether or not they resonate with my views is another matter. I feel that to allow knowledge to come from all sides is the best thing in the world.
3:40:25 PM
Posted By nirmal mishra Comments (1) Musings
Comments
K.Venugopal Thursday, December 7, 2006 8:00:21 PM
Happy blogging, Mishra!

No comments: